Friendly Cactus is looking for a talented Game Designer to join our team. We’re building on the success of our released Hidden Object titles by making new games with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
We’re looking for a seasoned expert who can design mechanics and provide the overall creative direction for games. You are able to provide a stream of ideas and design solutions to the team, highlighting and communicating them clearly through prototypes, in addition to building around the ideas of your teammates. You can dissect existing games and explain how they work, and give feedback on projects currently in development. You understand games as a complete experience rather than mechanics in isolation.
Our ideal candidate has a broad understanding of a variety of games, but is especially keen to explore and create meaningful experiences designed to be accessible to casual, inexperienced audiences.
- lead game mechanic design on a project
- full involvement and commitment to your project – super effective performance and strong desire to dedicate maximum of your time and energy to deliver results
- nurture game design skillset across whole team, including participation in ‘brain trust’ for other projects
- dedication to quality of user experience, including the ability to collaborate with designers to iterate and execute designs to a very high level of polishing
- deep collaboration with other disciplines on how game design interacts with their work
- ability to contribute to discussions about the product, project scope, ways of working and other things that are outside your core technical responsibilities
- develop new ideas from seed to prototype
- professional and constructive attitude towards the team and partners
- to be a good listener and appreciate people that provide different perspectives
- shipped at least one title as lead game designer
- strong analytical skills
- drive to create the best experience with a pragmatic understanding of what’s possible
- fantastic at explaining new ideas
- great at seeking and incorporating feedback on your work
- flexibility to try techniques that you may not have used before in a safe and supportive environment
- experience with Unity 3D
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Above anything we are a highly result oriented and people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry.
We champion unrivalled user experience and are aiming towards the best in class gaming benchmarks. We provide a great opportunity to learn and implement some of the coolest practices offered by the game industry today.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to regular salary reviews, personal trainings and lots of other good stuff.
- a transparent, inclusive and supportive culture that respects you as an individual and gives you the guidance and help your need to grow
- challenging projects that give you the opportunity to make a difference
- lots of fun
- competitive salary and benefits
- 24 days holiday are offered as standard